...the rot within
the time of american hegemony is over. the fractured state of american society and bilateral disfunction of the political apparatus are the main contributing factors. collective guilt, bankrupt corporate ethics and the lack of personal accountability fuel the disease that is killing the amerikan republik. the global neighborhood has caught a whiff of the decay and the buzzards are starting to circle. the potential for increased societal control of a mistrustful and mutually fearing population already divided by class and economics is at hand. fears are carefully and repeatedly created and fed by a mass media who wishes to create a culture of fear, often through the manipulation of words, facts, sources or data, in order to induce certain personal behaviors, justify governmental actions or policies (at home or abroad). a few techniques the fearmonger uses to distract the public's attention from allegedly more urgent social issues like:
* careful selection and omission of news (some relevant facts are shown and some are not);
* distortion of statistics or numbers;
* transformation of single events into social epidemics; (social distortion)
* corruption and distortion of words or terminology according to specific goals; (political correctness)
* stigmatization of minorities, especially when associated with criminal acts, degrading behaviour or immigration policies;
* over-generalization of complex and multifaceted situations;
* causal inversion (turning a cause into an effect or vice-versa);
* outright fabrication of events. this all falls into the greatest symptom of the illness that befalls amerika today:
In law, treason is the crime of disloyalty to one's nation. A person who betrays the nation of their citizenship and/or reneges on an oath of loyalty and in some way willfully cooperates with an enemy, is considered to be a traitor. Oran's Dictionary of the Law (1983) defines treason as: "...[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]." In many nations, it is also often considered treason to attempt or conspire to overthrow the government, even if no foreign country is aided or involved by such an endeavour.
High treason- broadly defined, is an action which is grossly disloyal to one's country or sovereign. Participating in a war against one's country, attempting to overthrow its government, and attempting to kill its head of state are perhaps the best known examples of high treason.
Misprision of treason- is an offence found in many common law jurisdictions around the world, having been inherited from English common law. It is committed by someone who knows a treason is being or is about to be committed but does not report it to a proper authority. It is therefore unusual in that it is a criminal offence which may be committed through inaction.